Thursday, October 2, 2008

That’s not chicken, I think. That’s ribs.

"Wow."

Have you ever read a story and and simply could not utter any other word but, "Wow"? No exclamation point. Just "Wow."

I've always been a big David Feherty fan but had no idea of his writing prowess. That skill combined with the personal story creates an amazing, head-spinning piece of prose. "Because that guy in the pickup just had to beat me to the red light ..." could explain my daily drive to work. But it has a whole new meaning now!

Some choice quotes:

"Great, I’m dying and spending my last minutes as George Costanza. But the medics are talking about hockey, so maybe I’ll live."

"I had already successfully stifled several snotbursts with the old thumb-on-the-roof-of-the-mouth trick, but apparently the human sneeze is an adaptable little bastard. If you deny it an exit, I don’t know, maybe some of them turn into farts or something and find another way out."

I want you to read this story ...

Step #1 Click here to the read "David Feherty Got Hit by a Truck and Lived to Tell About It".

Step #2 Go visit Rockwall Bike Lanes ... http://www.rockwallbikelanes.com/.

Wow.

No comments: