Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Risk

Election Day is upon us! Will it be McCain or Obama? Pretty risky either way ... just an opinion. But which is more precarious: the outcome of the election or this picture?

Newlywed couple
Funny People Pictures!

Phew ... I still say the election. For all I know, this marriage could defy time. What can I possibly gain by posting stuff like this? Nothing really. I was listening to Mozart's La Finta Semplice: Overture (otherwise known as "The Counterfeit Simpleton") and could not stop thinking about the candidates and this picture.

So call me short like everyone else. There's nothing wrong with standing short - it's good enough because everyone else is sitting. Before you head to the polls or brag about your early vote, my desire is that we do something less arbitrary than praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster or claiming you felt the Dallas earth quake last Friday.

Say a prayer ... ask the Lord to go before you ... meditate on some scripture. I believe if this nation could do that before going to the grocery store, let alone voting, we would be more pleasing in the presence of the Lord.

And no matter what happens, here's something that has stood the test of time and precedes all presidents of the past ...

Daily Manna from the 'Net for Tuesday, November 4, 2008 Daily Manna XML Feed

I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself. You said, 'I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, 'I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations.' ' Selah The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD ? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings? Psalm 89:2-6 NIV | Listen

Transom Links ...

No comments: