Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The World Needs A Hero

Desperately! I'm mean ... putting your faith in Jesus is crazy, right? Christianity is just a random, fabricated religion full of legalistic rhetoric and conformity disguised as tradition. Right?

So says the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! What would Flying Spaghetti Monster do anyway? They'd tell us but we wouldn't believe what's in it.

This is what happens when Jerry's cynicism rears it's ugly head. Please be kind though. What started out as an argument against intelligent design in school really has caught on in a massive movement across America.

So the very thing that FSM argues against, is proving the inner desire for people to worship ... something bigger than themselves. Someone bigger than themselves. It certainly is warranted when reviewing Christians as a whole to box us in with those that jerk verses from the bible and use the Good Word for agenda driven apologetics.

But our God is not so wishy-washy. And He is the God of the World.

Call Jesus crazy ... I can buy that. Claim God not to be the creator of the World ... I can buy that. But substantiate your argument. Pure mockery just comes off as dimwitted nonsense.

My point? I am willing to dress up as a pirate and concede that there will be a stripper factory and keg parties in heaven if ONE (just one) FSMer is willing to discuss the real God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and what that really means based on the Scriptures.

Who knows - we might find some neutral grounds around topics such as religiosity, legalism, fundamentalism, and traditionalism. I have no idea where I'm going with this other than I hope you take a look at the Flying Speghetti Monster followers and educate yourself on this little movement.

How do they celebrate the Holidays anyway? Looks like Christmas to me!

So enjoy these links and try not to be cynical like me:

No comments: