Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Blog Formerly Known As JWebInfo

What the heck does that mean anyway ... JWebInfo?

Well ... our family domain for years has been jweb-info.com. JWeb is an acronym that stands for:

Jerry Welch Elizabeth Barnett

It was inspired by my Grandpa Welch's business named WelMet - a combination of Welch and my late Grandma's maiden name, Metty.

So why not just jweb.com you ask? Amazingly it was taken - and written in Chinese. That's the skinny.

Recently my originality was challenged by my friend, Billy Self. He claimed that jwebinfo.blogspot.com was just too boring for such riveting commentary. Billy, the owner of such compelling domain names as:
He'll argue his business prowess against that list, but we're talking about originality here. So the question is, should I go with something benign like JerryWelch.name? Should I splurge and get some crazy new domain like ManTheFlyingSaucer.com? DuckButterAndTheChodes.org?

So I made my decision and will forward my name domain (jerrywelch.name) to the current blog URL and release a new blog URL on August 2nd. Why 8/2? It's my dad's birthday and has nothing to do with the new blog name. How's that for twisted originality, Mr. Self?

Instead of losing another bookmark or emailing me that the blog is gone, just sign up for an RSS feed (see to your right) so you get the latest and greatest ... and come back on 8/2 for the exciting release of the new blog name!

Here's my alternative list for Billy's major domains:
Tune in next week as I hack DallasRaceWeek.com to route to DrinkBeerAndSailForCharity.org.

Stay wise.

No comments: