Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Warning ... you may be dumber after reading this.

Sub-title: Feeling Bloggy This Week

I just feel like blogging this week. Not about anything in particular. Just an endless stream of irrational thoughts that I could be expressing.

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

I've been feeling like that a lot lately. All of a sudden, there's no keeping up, no restful peace, no kudos, no accomplishment, no sense of satisfaction. Not even a little win. Everything seems to be a struggle.

Called my good buddy, Kevin ... nothing but the same on his noggin. So I'm praying ... or am I?

Quite often when I get to feeling this way is when I find that something is lacking in my relationship with God. There is nothing in particular that is causing the problems. Life is actually quite good. But something is stealing my joy. And I'm not filling the void with the Bread of Life. Daily Manna is not good enough for me.

That's the problem. I'm a selfish bastard. Too wrapped up to let God come meet me in that place where He can rebuild, rest, renew, reveal ... heck, my laugh is probably there. So, if you're reading this, let's all stop ... park ... and go meet our Savior.

Don't know how to do that? Post a comment. I'll respond.

Or go to biblegateway.com and start reading Proverbs. Or Matthew. Or anything in the Living Word that lets God speak to you.

Stay wise.

Daily Manna from the 'Net for Wednesday, July 2, 2008 CTP XML Feed

'If only you would hide me in the grave and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me! If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come. You will call and I will answer you; you will long for the creature your hands have made. Surely then you will count my steps but not keep track of my sin. Job 14:13-16 NIV | Listen

No comments: